Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Conference etc

Its about more than one week i' not updating my blog..

Conference

I'm busy with a conference , where i need to present my research findings or result, its an international conference on Internet and telecommunication. At first its quite nervous to present in quite international conference. They seems very experts in their respective fields. I must work hard to be like them!

Most of them are experts but very humble person and most importantly they are willing to share their knowledge. In Internet simulation area most of them are using NS2 for their simulation works. I'm on the right track!!

Sorry , for now i cannot reveal yet the content of my paper until it is published by the organizer.

Assembly Language vs TCL\TK

I use to do programming in Assembly Language for Motorola Microcontroller, and now I'm learning TCL\TK, two different type of language, the first one is very low level and the second one is a high level language.

Personally it is quite difficult to change the way of thinking when switching from low to high level language.

In assembly language the syntax is very simple, its arranged column by column, e.g first column is label follows by instructions column , and data/memory column. Simple! The data structure is also very simple, only a hexadecimal number. which can represent decimal number, ASCII code, floating point number etc depends on standards and application to be developed.

But using high level language need you to familiarize with the syntax, and the syntax for C language of course not the same with TCL\TK , Perl , Python etc.
The data structure also defers, as example the data structure for TCL\TK is based on string not integer or floating point. For C , data can be integer, Boolean , long integer ..... [ refer to any C programming book]


Data structure of TCL\TK

After a few study and reading , and searching Internet,
I come to conclusion that in TCL\TK, there are only two type of abstract data structure : List and Array

If I want to make complex data structure for my application i need to design it ( or just use any package designed by others) based on List and Array.

For my case, i try to use a data structure which is based on combination of arrays and lists [specifically, linked-list]

NS2

A few of my colleague are very enthusiastic to learn NS2 which can be used for network simulation purpose. Very good news for me! Now I have more people to discussed with.

Programming = Chess= Gaming??

One day , my friends and me have a "coffee chit-chat" about playing chess, and the conversation continues with programming and gaming.
We come into a conclusion :

Programming = Chess = Gaming. This three subject have one common similarities, "you have to play within the rules in order to achieve your objective!"





No comments: